Thank you very much for your interest in pursuing graduate work in anthropology. For your information, our department application deadlines are JANUARY 15 for summer and fall semesters and OCTOBER 1 for spring semester. See Graduate Admissions for information on department requirements.
If you would like to request information about Iowa State University, or apply for admission electronically, please go to www.grad-college.iastate.edu.
- Graduate application (see link above).
- Transcripts from all universities previously attended.
- GRE scores
- TOEFL score from international students (A score of 600 is required.)
- Three letters of recommendation
- Statement of Purpose describing your career goals and reasons for choosing ISU, which should not exceed 500 words. Please address how you plan to use Anthropology in your professional career, how your educational experience in anthropology and other fields prepared you for our program, and what kinds of research you are considering for your graduate work.REQUIRED BY OFFICE OF ADMISSIONS
• Application fee
• Official GRE scores (sent by testing services)
• Official TOEFL scores (sent by testing services)
Required to be sent by mail to the address below:
• Financial statement (international applicants only)
• Official academic transcripts
Mail Admissions Envelope to:
Office of Admissions
100 Enrollment Services
Iowa State University
Ames, IA 50011-2011 USA
REQUIRED BY PROGRAM
• Three letters of recommendation (sent electronically with application)
• Statement of Purpose (sent electronically with application)
Submit Electronically with Application: