There are three distinct foci in the teaching program:
- For undergraduate majors, a range of topical and cross-cultural courses exists for students within the liberal arts curriculum.
- Anthropology offers professional preparation for students seeking a masters degree in anthropology.
- The program provides a breadth of exposure in various facets of anthropology for students concentrating in other fields within the university.
Anthropological research at ISU has three primary objectives.
- Integrating research with the teaching program.
- Contributing to the professional development of faculty and
- The growth of knowledge in the discipline at large.